Unlike large brokerage firms, whose system of doing business creates subtle but harmful conflicts of interest between a broker and their clients, True North Advisors is motivated only by our client’s interests. Our company was founded in 2000 to provide a better alternative to the traditional brokerage model, with the belief that expert advice can only be provided with complete objectivity and transparency. We remain true to this core value today.
As a large, truly independent wealth management firm, we have the size, scale, team, and systems to provide service that delivers on the promise of true, trusted stewardship.
SIX REASONS TO CHOOSE TRUE NORTH
1. Conflict-Free Advice
- Our advice-driven approach eliminates conflicts of interest vs. a product-driven approach which rewards doing transactions for commissions.
- Being a Registered Independent Advisor, not a Broker-Dealer…we are required by law to operate with a higher “Fiduciary” standard putting clients’ interests above all else.
- We are compensated by the advisory fee we charge, not commissions from products sold.
2. Purpose-based Wealth Management
- We are focused on both personal and financial goals, customized to create an individual client roadmap.
- With the end goals in mind, our disciplined approach avoids emotional decisions based on short-term market conditions.
- Our Research Team and Investment Policy Committee bring innovative thinking, up-to-date investment analysis and robust dialog and debate to enhance the quality of financial and investment decisions.
3. Individually-Tailored Portfolios
- Completely open architecture without product constraints; no pre-established platform; investment selections based on fit with your objectives and preferences, with access to any money manager.
- Each investment option is evaluated within the context of each client’s unique, integrated plan.
- Proactive, dynamic asset allocation and ongoing re-balancing to keep portfolio on track toward long term goals.
- In-house Research Team enables us to have greater insight into investment options through our own due diligence.
4. Dedicated Wealth Advisors
- Experienced professionals dedicated to delivering personalized, expert advice.
- Wealth Advisors who value knowing our clients well, so as our understanding grows, the better we can serve your needs.
- We separate business development from wealth management and service so we can focus on providing a great wealth management experience.
- Having grown beyond operating as a small practice, we are a firm with scale and processes to enable advisors to have the systems and support needed to serve clients well.
- We believe in being fully transparent about the fees we charge. We have no hidden or indirect fees. Clients receive annual fee statements and interim statements as requested.
- We use third-party providers in appropriate areas of our business (reporting, trading, custody, etc.) to insure good checks and balances.
6. Client Satisfaction
- Since its inception, True North has remained true to serving clients through a disciplined stewardship approach, unaffected by popular trends or trendy investing.
- Established record of client satisfaction and retention.